#playoutdoors – Junior Forest Wardens 2018-2019 Open Registration and the Legacy Plant. families are invited to participate in the planting of an orchard’s worth of Sugar Maple Trees from @CD’s Trees on the grounds of Rotary Sunshine Park, and Join the Adventure for the 2018-2019 year!
Old and new friends are invited to join us for the first JFW Legacy Plant! We will be planting Sugar Maples at Rotary Park in partnership with Rotary International, CD’s Trees, and the City of St. John’s. The trees were donated by Rotary International. They had been dedicated to the memory of Rotarians who had passed in the year previous, as well as John Calver, a long-time member of Junior Forest Wardens NL.
And we’re open for new families! The Giant Squid are inviting new members, and JFW NL is recruiting new Clubs! The JFW program is designed for school-aged children and adults, but there is a place for everyone! Registration will take place at the JFW Legacy Plant.
If you want to join the Giant Squid as a volunteer or warden & parent, this is what you do:
- show up at the Legacy Plant
- do the paperwork! (it includes a vulnerable sector check for all 18 and over)
- pay the fee (JFW Alberta had a fee increase this year – JFW NL’s fees are based on JFW Alberta. we are figuring it out. as a guide last year was $35. there will probably be an increase)
- sign the JFW Code of Conduct
- be willing to participate and help co-ordinate events (third Sunday in the month)
- commit to helping out at the Tree Sale
- be up for new friends, outdoor activity and fun adventure!
If you want to start a Club, check in here!