Old and new friends are invited to join us for the first JFW Legacy Plant at Rotary Sunshine Camp on October 20 from 11-2! We will be planting Sugar Maples at Rotary Park in collaboration with local Rotary Clubs, Rotary International, CD’s Trees, and the City of St. John’s. Last May the home-grown Sugar Maple seedlings were dedicated to the memory of Rotarians who had passed in the year previous as well as John Calver, a long-time member of Junior Forest Wardens NL at the Rotary International Conference. We are honoured to bring the community together to plant the Legacy Forest.
And we’re open for new families! The Giant Squid are inviting new members, and JFW NL is recruiting new Clubs! The JFW program is designed for school-aged children and adults, but there is a place for everyone! Registration will take place at the JFW Legacy Plant.
If you want to join the Giant Squid as a volunteer or warden & parent, this is what you do:
- show up at the Legacy Plant
- do the paperwork! (it includes a vulnerable sector check for all 18 and over)
- pay the fee – $45 per warden
- sign the JFW Code of Conduct
- be willing to participate and help co-ordinate events (third Sunday in the month)
- commit to helping out at the Tree Sale
- be up for new friends, outdoor activity and fun adventure!
If you want to start a Club, check in here!
If you want to share the news check out the Facebook event
Join the Adventure!